There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois – Remote
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Product Engineering-Remote – 99178
Note: Relocation assistance is not provided.
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule YEAR-ROUND.
As a Part-Time Student-Product Engineering for John Deere, you will:
- Work with engineers that support John Deere work with outside companies that produce agricultural products
- Develop and run reports on key quality and warranty data
- Work on scorecard to automate key metrics
- Assist Engineers in service part adoption, parts catalog creation, and ongoing changes
- Develop key machine models using 3D modeling software for visualization, key machine layouts, and branding needs
This position is NOT available to students on immigration visas
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in an Engineering discipline; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a U.S. accredited college/university
- Graduation date of May 2024 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Available to work during the academic year 10-20 hours/weekly
- Available to work during the summer semester 35-40 hours/weekly
- Must be able to complete work and assignments remotely
- Must be able to occasionally travel to Moline, Illinois, or Des Moines, Iowa, per manager’s discretion
- One year experience or completed classes with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (or equivalent)
- One year experience or completed classes on 3D modeling
What Makes You Stand Out
- Ability to and interest in generating reports, scorecards, and project plans
- Experience with Creo 3D software
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently without oversight
- Interest in working with people of different backgrounds on a global team
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.